Tips For Managing Mold In Your Greenville, NC Home Or Business
Eastern NC has a notoriously humid subtropical climate and the Greenville, Winterville and Snow Hill area is no exception. This near constant moisture and heat means mold excels at growing where you don’t want it. Being national leaders in residential and commercial remediation, the SERVPRO team has a significant amount of experience dealing with mold and we are more than happy to share some of our professional wisdom.
Ten Things You Should Know about Mold
- As many know, mold may cause potential health effects, depending on the type and individual sensitivity.
- There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment; instead, prevention of mold spores from growing is key.
- If mold is a problem in your home or business, remediation and eliminating excess sources of moisture are crucial. Leaving it untreated will only allow it to spread.
- Most cases of mold that we are called to help with are from a leak; finding the source of the water problem is absolutely necessary to prevent further mold growth. If you’re unsure where the leak is coming from, contact a plumber who also offers leak detection!
- Reduce indoor humidity, typically between 30-60% to decrease mold growth by:
- Venting bathrooms, dryers and other moisture-generating sources to the outside
- Using air conditioners and de-humidifiers
- Increasing ventilation
- Using exhaust fans whenever cooking, dishwashing and cleaning
If you have any questions or would like to schedule service, give us a call at: (252)-329-7205.